Sunday, November 4, 2007

How did we get here?

Well here is the first post to my new blog. At the age of almost 50 years, I am starting on the path to a new career. I have been working in the paper industry for over 20 years. Due to a change in my work situation, I have decided to start the change from engineer to high school math and science teacher. This blog is to document the ups and downs of this process. The State of Virginia has been offering the career switcher program to fast track potential math and science teachers from the work world to classroom. I'll talk about the requirements for the program in my next post.

1 comment:

Sharon's New Life said...

My name is Sharon Fitzgerald and I'm currently a Level II student in the VCCS Career Switcher program. I'm reaching out to former Career Switchers (and current teachers) whom I could "interview" for a class assignment we have to describe the Career Switcher licensure.
I'm hoping this comment finds it's way to you and you can email me at sharoncfitzgerald@me.com. I promise not to take up too much of your time.
Thanks,
Sharon Fitzgerald