Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm In the Program

Even though I have not received the official letter, I have gotten confirmation that I will be accepted into the program. It is a relief to know that I have satisfied all the requirements. Many people have said that they find it hard to believe that someone with a PhD in engineering can not get a job teaching math in high school but would be qualified to teach at the college level. Of course, there is some validity to that observation. However, if you make one exception to the requirements, everyone wants an exception. It will also be good to have the knowledge of classroom management, etc... They probably should have some requirement for teachers at the university and college level. I'm just fortunate that they have the career switcher program so that I can become qualified with reasonable committment of time and effort.

Next I will be talking about taking the Praxis II in Physics.

No comments: