Sunday, December 16, 2007

Accepted into the Program

I received my acceptance letter and accompanying paperwork for the Career Switcher Program offered through the Virginia Community College System. The orientation is January 12th and the first classes start on January 19th. I will be traveling to Blue Ridge Community College for the weekend classes. We received a list of books that we need for the classes. I ordered all the books using Amazon.com. I bought six of the books used and two of the books new. Including shipping and handling, the total was only $120. The tuition is around $3150. I am looking forward to the classes and meeting the other members of my cohort. They say that you should expect to spend 10 to 20 hours per week on the classwork. I'm hoping for closer to the 10 hours but we will see what is required. I will probably read as much from the textbooks as possible before the start of the classes to spread the workload out as much a possible. Hopefully, I will hear about my Praxis II Physics results this week.

No comments: